We are supporting sustainable tourism and have just joined the Green Tourism Business Scheme.
Click on the logo to read more.
Do you have any suggestions of what we could do to be even greener…?
Below is a summary of our environmental policy which will be available in pdf format soon.
At Mode Hotel we are committed to green hotel policies and the implementation of proactive measures to help, protect and sustain the environment for future generations. We recognise the impact of our operations on the environment and aim to be an increasingly efficient green and environmental hotel. We strive to minimise and detrimental effects as a result of our business. By working together we can contribute to making a cleaner and safer environment and ensure environmental issues remain a focal point and receive proper attention.
In delivering our commitment we will:
- Make our guests and staff aware of environmental issues and the responsibilities they have for the environment, through regular communication by induction, meets, training and frequent guest information.
- Comply with relevant environmental legislation and take a proactive approach to future requirements and obligations.
- Seek to conserve natural resources through the responsible use of energy, water and materials but also maintaining the quality of service expected by our guests.
- Monitor performance and aim for continues improvement by reducing, re-using and recycling in areas such as energy consumption, reduction of waste materials and water consumption.
- Work with suppliers who have compatible policies for managing their impact on the environment.
- Through our active environmental teal we will ensure that our efforts are continually reviewed, updated and communicated to all staff.
Examples of everyday actions:
- Paper, cardboard, glass and plastic.
- All stationary is reused.
- We have a positive commitment to reduce, reuse and recycle where possible throughout the hotel.
Saving energy by…
- Monitoring gas and electricity consumption on a monthly basis.
- Use of low energy light bulbs.
- Switching off lights, turning off the TV, unplugging adapters and chargers, closing windows and turning down the heat.
- Use of motion detectors.
- Re-use towels on guest request
- Water turned off as soon as possible.
- Plants are watered responsibly.